Why Am I Constantly Running Out of Hot Water?
Imagine this: you’re in the middle of taking a nice, warm shower when suddenly cold water starts coming out instead! No one likes unexpected icy cold showers, and no one likes having to deal with running out of hot water. What could be causing this?
- Overusing hot water: It’s easy to lose track of time and end up taking longer showers, but depending on your hot water tank, the more hot water you use, the less your hot water it will supply you with in the future.
- Small tank size: If you have a big family, keep in mind that your hot water tank might not be the adequate size.
- Debris build-up: sediments such as sand and dirt can build-up at the bottom of your tank, making it harder for water to flow and fill the container. You’ll get less hot water because you’re already getting less outflow than usual.
- Broken parts: Probably the worst issue to deal with is if your tank has some broken or worn out parts. Faulty parts lead to your water heater not functioning correctly, which leads to cold water instead of hot.
- Take shorter showers: Shortening your shower time will help make sure your hot water tank doesn’t run out and is also a great way to make your home more energy-efficient!
- Upgrade your tank: For larger families, you’ll need to upgrade to a bigger tank to keep up with the needs of a larger household. That way, you won’t keep running out of hot water. For older tanks, sometimes regular upgrades and maintenance is the best way to ensure your family’s comfort. For others, a tankless water heater, which saves spaces and offers hot water on demand, might be a wise investment.
- Call a plumber: There are numerous home repairs you can do by yourself, but when it comes to cleaning out your tank and fixing any possible damage, that’s where your plumber should step in. They can help fix and spot any issues while guiding you in the right direction about what steps to take next. Annual water heater flushes are also important to have done to remove buikt of sediment at the bottom of the water heater.
Contact Jupiter-Tequesta at one of our locations to discuss your plumbing, cooling, or electrical options.
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Broward: (954) 951-5481
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
FPL Home Services is a subsidiary of FPL Home and an unregulated indirect subsidiary of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL). Air conditioning, plumbing and electrical services are offered, administered and backed by FPL Home Services, and not FPL Home or FPL. License Nos. CAC 1820030, CFC 1430331 and EC13007891.