What To Do About Old Plumbing Fixtures
Do You Have Old Plumbing Fixtures?
Plumbing fixtures, no matter how well they were installed or made, aren’t designed to last forever. As a homeowner, it’s important to know when it’s time to update your fixtures and opt for ones that are more efficient. Here’s what you need to know to make this decision.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Plumbing Fixtures
Water inefficiency is definitely a sign that it’s time to consider replacing certain fixtures. Toilets, for example, use much less water today than what was common with older models. In fact, you could save about 10,000 gallons of water per year if you switch to a newer, low-flow toilet that uses just over a gallon of water per flush.
Other signs to look out for include:
• Frequently needing repairs
• Cosmetic issues that clearly make your fixtures appear out-of-date – which can also be a problem if you plan to sell your home
• Reduced functionality – e.g., plumbing fixtures that are becoming more difficult to repair and operate
Tips to Consider When Replacing Your Fixtures
Once you’ve made the decision to update your plumbing fixtures, there are some tips you’ll want to keep in mind to make this process a pleasant, budget-pleasing experience. First, get your fixtures from reputable plumbing experts, such as Jupiter-Tequesta. This way you’ll know for sure you are getting fixture designed with long-term value in mind. We also suggest keeping the following tips in mind:
• Don’t go by price alone: Avoid fixtures that are significantly cheaper and likely low-quality.
• Shop for value: You can find great bargains without having to sacrifice quality if you keep an eye out for higher-priced fixtures that are on sale or available as clearance items.
• Check the EPA’s WaterSense ratings: These ratings will show you how much water plumbing fixtures you are considering will use in comparison to similar fixtures.
Think it’s time to have your plumbing fixtures updated? We have trained plumbing technicians available throughout the Jupiter area ready to give you an honest opinion. Contact Jupiter-Tequesta today to schedule an appointment!
Posted in Uncategorized • Comments Off on What To Do About Old Plumbing Fixtures