What is Shock Well Disinfection?
If your home is on a private well or another water source, then you know how important it is to disinfect the water. Since your well isn’t part of a public utility, it’s not treated for bacteria and other organisms that will make you sick.
Even if you think your well water looks clean, you’d be surprised at what’s living in it. Shock well disinfection is one option that can help you ensure that your family’s water quality is safe.
What Does Shock Well Disinfection Do?
Shock well disinfection is a one-time water treatment. The chlorine solution is piped through the entirety of the water system to clean and purify the water. This method makes well water safe for drinking, washing, and bathing.
Why Should You Shock Your Water?
When you install a new pump, it’s important to shock the water to start with a clean water tank system. If you’ve received the results of a lab test and it shows that your well water is harboring bacteria, then it’s unsafe to drink. You must shock your water to remove harmful bacteria before using it in the household. Maintenance and floodwater infiltration are two more good reasons for water well shock treatment.
Can I Do It Myself?
It is best to let a professional company handle any water treatments, as the process uses strong chemicals. When you’re looking for help with well water storage maintenance like shock well disinfection, our experienced technicians are ready to help. We’re open for service and emergencies around the clock, so contact us today with all of your well water needs.
Reach out to one of our locations today:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Broward: (954) 951-5481
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
FPL Home Services, License No. CFC#1429100