What Can And Can’t Go In The Dishwasher
We know how easy it is to put everything into the dishwasher, but sometimes not everything should be going in there. Washing dishes by hand can be a hassle, but some instances, it’s necessary to protect your dinnerware and dishwasher. Make sure you know what can and can’t go into your dishwasher:
What CAN’T Go In The Dishwasher
- Sharp knives: Did you know that dishwashers can actually dull your knives overtime? If you place your sharp cutting knives in to get washed, you are shortening their lifespan and dulling their blade which increases your chance of injury.
- Delicate china: Your fancy chinaware should always be hand washed, so that you can make sure they are handled properly and with care.
- Anything wooden: From wooden cutting boards to wooden tools, never put them into your dishwasher! The high heat and movement will warp them, and sometimes even cause cracks.
- Hand painted glasses: Who doesn’t love a personalize and hand painted glass? But these memorable cups, bowls and dishes are not dishwasher safe. Your dishwasher can chip away at the paint and ruin its design.
What CAN Go In The Dishwasher
- Certain wine glasses: As long as it says it’s dishwasher safe, you can actually place your wine glasses in your dishwasher. More delicate glasses might have to be hand washed, but double check before you buy to make sure.
- Heat-resistant plastic: These can go in your dishwasher because, well, it’s in the name! Heat-resistant plastic is made to withstand the temperatures inside the machine for any easy rinsing.
- Silverware: It’s safe to place your silverware in the dishwasher, just make sure you give it an extra shine after the wash to avoid water spots from settling.
- Stainless steel: From cutlery to utensils, your stainless steel items are safe going into your dishwasher!
Contact FPL Home Services to discuss your plumbing options.
FPL Home Services is a subsidiary of FPL Home and an unregulated indirect subsidiary of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL). Air conditioning, plumbing and electrical services are offered, administered and backed by FPL Home Services, and not FPL Home or FPL. License No. CFC 1430331.