#WellnessWednesday: Indoor Air Quality & Air Conditioning
It should come as no surprise that your air conditioning system affects the quality of the air in your home, but you may be surprised by the extent to which this is true.
According to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), air inside homes can be of lower quality than the air outside. Here’s how to keep your home healthy without having to give up your trusty air conditioner:
- Avoid placing air conditioners in your garage, which can draw pollutants into your home.
- Open windows when cleaning your home.
- Invest in a high-quality particle filter to keep contaminants out of your air ducts.
- Inspect your unit frequently for mold, especially on and around cooling coils.
- Service your air conditioners at the beginning of each season to make sure they’re clean and free of contaminants.
- Use a dehumidifier to control humidity in your home and prevent mold growth.
- Clean evaporation trays frequently to keep your air clean.
If you suspect that your air conditioning system may be causing indoor air quality problems, contact the experts of Jupiter-Tequesta Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric today. Our cooling products not only control temperature, but also achieves the most consistent levels of humidity, air quality and ventilation. Give us a call:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Tags: ac repair palm beach gardens, AC Repair West Palm Beach, ac replacement palm beach gardens, AC Replacement West Palm Beach
Posted in Cooling, Indoor Air Quality • Comments Off on #WellnessWednesday: Indoor Air Quality & Air Conditioning