Spring Cleaning For Your Home
Before the weather hits sweltering here in Florida, you may find yourself wanting to complete a few projects around your home. But, where should you start? Use these tips to create your own home maintenance checklist.
Interior Home Maintenance
From combating allergies to ensure your plumbing is in tip-top shape, give your home a good sweep by adding these home maintenance items to your to-do list:
- Check all plumbing fixtures for leaks.
- Replace the air filters in your HVAC unit.
- Vacuum and dust all surfaces that could collect indoor allergens and reduce air quality.
- Test the flapper on your toilet.
- Inspect your walls and ceilings for signs of water damage.
- Check that your sump pump is draining properly.
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors.
Exterior Home Maintenance
The exterior of your home is just as important as the inside — especially if you’re looking to up your curb appeal when your house goes on the market. Consider making the time to complete these home projects:
- Remove debris from your outdoor HVAC unit.
- Check outdoor pipes and hoses for leaks.
- Check your gutters, roof, and windows.
- Repaint your siding.
- Clean away dirt by power-washing your exterior.
- Treat your pool water.
- Do some landscaping work.
- Repair your patio and/or deck.
Contact Jupiter-Tequesta at one of our locations to discuss your plumbing, cooling, or electrical options.
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Broward: (954) 951-5481
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822