Kitchen Safety For Kids
Do your kids like putting an apron on and making a delicious snack? How about helping out at the stove or licking the batter bowl? While making food is a fun, bonding experience, it also can be dangerous for your little ones. Before they take over your kitchen, here are a few safety tips to help them!
- Before they begin rolling up their sleeves, tie back long hair and remove any loose clothing that might get in the way.
- Have them wash their hands and dry them well — wet hands can be slippery and cause accidents.
- Keep a sturdy stool nearby to help them reach the counters or high closet spaces.
- Wipe up spills as soon as they occur.
- Hold the handle while stirring any pots — this helps prevent the pot from slipping off the burner.
- Always pick up the knife at the handle, pointing to the ground. And only use knives when an adult is present!
- Keep any electrical cords (phone chargers included) away from the stove top, oven, and sink.
- Before leaving the kitchen, check that all appliances are turned off.
- Never put water on a burning fire — it could make the fire bigger. Call an adult, and use baking soda or flour instead.
- Don’t put cooked food on an unwashed plate or cutting board that once had raw food on it. Always use a clean plate.
- Never add water to a pot or pan with oil in it — it could splatter and burn someone.
- Keep paper towels, dish towels, and pot holders away from the stove top — they can catch on fire.
Stay safe at home with the help of our team at Jupiter-Tequesta Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric. Whether you’re looking for expert landscape lighting installation or new wiring for appliances, we’re here to help. Give us a call to learn more!
Jupiter: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Posted in Uncategorized • Comments Off on Kitchen Safety For Kids