Is Your Thermostat on the Right Wall?
Did you know that positioning your thermostat on the wrong wall can increase utility costs? Proper placement is crucial to optimal home comfort and energy efficiency. Follow this guide to find the best spot for your thermostat.
First, let’s take a look at what not to do:
- Don’t install a thermostat in an area prone to extreme temperatures (i.e., near drafty doors and windows or outside a steamy bathroom)
- Avoid positioning your thermostat on an exterior wall — it’s likely to be cooler than other spaces in your home, causing a false temperature reading
- Refrain from placing a thermostat in seldom-used rooms; otherwise, you won’t get an accurate reading of the area you actually want to cool
Where should you put your thermostat?
- Choose a room that is commonly used
- Be sure to place the thermostat on an interior wall for best results
- Make sure your thermostat is unobstructed by doorways, bookshelves and decor, which can affect readings
- Consider installing several linked thermostats around the house for big energy savings and ideal comfort levels
Is your thermostat on the right wall? If you’re not sure, call in the experts of Jupiter-Tequesta Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric. Our air conditioning and cooling professionals promise dependability and worry-free performance. Here’s how to get in touch:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Tags: ac repair palm beach gardens, AC Repair West Palm Beach, AC Replacement Jupiter FL, ac replacement palm beach gardens, AC Replacement West Palm Beach
Posted in Cooling • Comments Off on Is Your Thermostat on the Right Wall?