How to Save Money On Your Home Lighting
There are many ways to cut down on your energy bill, but one of the fastest ways is switching to energy-efficient lighting. Lighting options that help you save the most money are compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Although these lighting alternatives cost more than the traditional bulbs, over time they help you save money by using less energy. Continue reading to get to know more about CFLs and LEDs:
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
- Can pay for themselves in less than nine months and helps you save every month after.
- A CFL uses 75 percent less energy than a standard incandescent and lasts ten times longer.
- $1.25 per bulb…CFLs are budget-friendly.
- These bulbs come in a range of colors from white to yellow tones.
- Most CFLs are not dimmable.
- CFLs take longer to brighten the colder it gets and may not work in frigid temperatures.
- Frequent on/off cycles shorten a CFLs life.
- TIP: CFLs contain a small amount of mercury so they should always be recycled!
Light emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Uses about 20-25 percent of the energy and last up to 25 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Life span ranges from 18 to 46 years at 3 hours per day.
- LEDs are expensive at about $60 a bulb.
- LEDs are dimmable and offer features such as daylight and motion sensors.
- Perfect for outdoor lighting because they can withstand any kind of weather.
Looking to update your electrical system and save money and energy? Contact our office to speak to one of our licensed electrical professionals. We are here to help you with all of your home landscape lighting, electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling needs this summer. Visit our website or give us a call to learn more:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Tags: Electrician Jupiter FL, electrician palm beach gardens, electrician tequesta fl, Electrician West Palm Beach, Landscape Lighting Jupiter FL, Landscape Lighting West Palm Beach
Posted in Electric • Comments Off on How to Save Money On Your Home Lighting