How To Prevent Clogged Drains
Planning the last barbecue of the season? As you begin planning the menu, it’s important to keep in mind that not all of your Labor Day meals are plumbing-friendly. We’re not saying you need to take it off the list altogether, but when it’s time to cleanup, you’ll want to avoid your garbage disposal at all costs.
Foods To Keep Away From Your Drains:
- Potato Salad – The starch in potatoes and potato skins wrap around the garbage disposal’s moving parts and clogs the pipes. So throw that family-famous potato salad in the trash!
- Corn Husks – The stringy corn husks will make your disposal work harder, wasting energy. You also risk the chance of it getting stuck on the blades.
- Salad Dressing – The grease and oil from your scrumptious salad can actually cause your garbage disposal to lose its overall effectiveness.
- Rib Bones – Any meat or poultry bones can end up damaging your disposal’s’ blades. Toss the bones in the compost or trash instead.
- Pasta Salad – Pasta expands when it comes in contact with water. So even after it’s been shredded to bits in your pipes, it will end up causing them to clog.
- Fruit Pits – Making cherry or peach pie for the barbecue? Be careful with those pits!
If you run into any plumbing problems this holiday weekend, don’t hesitate to contact the experts at Jupiter-Tequesta! Our technicians are here to help you get things back up and running! Visit our website to learn more about our services, or give us a call to speak with a representative directly:
Jupiter: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Posted in Uncategorized • Comments Off on How To Prevent Clogged Drains