How to Fixy a Leaky Hose Bib
A dripping outdoor spigot might not be your first home maintenance priority, but even a small leak can add up to significant water waste over time. These leaks can add wear and tear to your plumbing and leave you with a costly water bill. Fortunately, this is a quick and easy plumbing fix! Here are a few quick steps to help you repair your leaky hose bib this weekend.
How to Repair a Leaky Hose Bib:
- First, you need to turn of the water running to your hose bib.
- After the water is turned off, unscrew the packing nut beneath the handle of the faucet and pull the valve stem out of the hose bib.
- You will see a a faucet washer, remove it and replace it with a washer of the same size and thickness.
- Push the valve stem back into the hose bib and tighten the packing nut.
- Turn your water back on.
- Let the hose run to remove any air pockets from the line.
If you run into any outdoor plumbing problems this weekend or you’re having difficulty fixing your leaky hose bib, give us a call! We are here to help you with all of your home plumbing needs. Visit our website to learn more about the services we offer or give us a call to schedule your appointment. We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week!
To learn more, give us a call:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Tags: Plumber Jupiter FL, plumber palm beach gardens, plumber tequesta fl, Plumber West Palm Beach, Plumbing Service Jupiter FL, Plumbing Service West Palm Beach
Posted in Plumbing Tips • Respond to this post »