How To Clean Your Landscape Lights
Outdoor lighting fixtures suffer from the environmental elements 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, yet they’re often the first thing we overlook when providing maintenance to our homes. Since spring has officially sprung, we suggest you add cleaning your outdoor lighting to your to-do list – it will enhance their beauty and improve the quality of light cast. Read on for the basic steps and tips to perform your lighting maintenance this season.
The Cleaning Process
1. Disconnect all power sources before cleaning to avoid any serious injuries.
2. Make sure the bulbs are cool before you begin cleaning.
3. Remove dirt, leaves, and other debris that may have collected around the fixtures.
4. Fill a bucket with water and mix in a small amount of liquid soap.
5. Fill a second bucket with plain water; this will be your rinse water.
6. Use a soft cloth to wipe away any dirt and debris from the outer casing.
7. Use a soft bristled brush to remove dirt from crevices and under/around any decorative accents.
8. For extra shine, spray glass cleaner on the cover of the light and wipe away with a lint-free cloth.
Additional Tips and Advice
– If possible, check the manufacturer’s website for cleaning tips on a specific product.
– Check the cords to your lights periodically for any signs of wear or damage. If a weak spot is found, fix it immediately using mastic or caulking.
– For safety reasons, some outdoor lighting should only be maintained by a specially trained professional. Consult with Jupiter-Tequesta for more information.
When all components of your lighting have dried completely, reconnect the power source and enjoy the beauty of all your hard work! If you run into any problems with your home’s landscape lighting, don’t hesitate to give our technicians at Jupiter-Tequesta a call! We are here to help you keep things running smoothly – for less!
Visit our website to learn more about our services, or give us a call to speak with a representative directly:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Posted in Uncategorized • Comments Off on How To Clean Your Landscape Lights