Hot Tub Care Tips & Tricks
Hello, September! As we approach the unofficial end to summer, many homeowners will be turning from their pools to their hot tubs. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you keep your hot tub in good condition all season long.
Hot Tub Tips & Tricks:
- Test Your Water Regularly- Use test strips to check the chemical levels in your home spa. You should regularly check the alkalinity, calcium hardness, chlorine, bromine, and chlorine levels in your home’s hot tub.
- Clean Your Filter Every Two Weeks – Unclog and clean your spa filter once every two weeks to keep things running smoothly.
- Condition Your Cover – Your hot tub cover needs care, too! Condition your cover once a month during the summer months to protect it against strong UV rays. This will help extend the life expectancy of your cover.
- Clean the Jets with White Vinegar – White vinegar can help remove calcium buildup in your valves and jets.
- Check Your Electric – If your hot tub doesn’t run, you may need to test and reset your GFCI. If you are having problems with your hot tub, leave the electrical work to someone who is experienced — for your safety!
If you run into any problems with your hot tub and you are in need of an experienced electrician or plumbing technician, don’t hesitate to give the professionals at Jupiter-Tequesta a call! Whether you are having trouble with your hot tub’s heating system or you need new landscape lighting to make a clear path to the hot tub in your backyard, we are here to help.
Visit our website to learn more about our services or give us a call to speak with a representative directly:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822For more tips on everything from home cooling to do-it-yourself plumbing, find us on