Garbage Disposal Rules For The Holidays
If you’ve been using your garbage disposal as a second garbage bin, stop now. Abusing your trusty kitchen appliance will only lead to clogs and hefty plumbing repairs! And no one wants to be dealing with plumbing repairs during the holidays!
Garbage Disposal Do’s
- Your garbage disposal shouldn’t have a problem grinding up small pieces of citrus fruit — so throw away those citrus peels if you have them! Doing os will also freshen up your drains scent.
- Egg shells can be thrown into your disposal. They actually help clean and sharpen the blades.
- Coffee grounds can also go down as well. However, keep in mind that coffee grounds in large amounts can cause backups.
Garbage Disposal Don’ts
- Don’t ever pour grease, oil or fat down the drain — even if you have a garbage disposal. Cooled grease solidifies, making blockages more likely.
- No stringy vegetables either (i.e. celery, asparagus, and potatoes)! They’ll just wrap around the blades.
- Don’t throw your pasta down the drain either. Pasta expands every time it comes into contact with water, so it will definitely clog up your plumbing system.
If your garbage disposal becomes jammed or clogged, you can count on us for fast service, up-front prices and 100 percent customer satisfaction — even during the busy holiday season. Contact the plumbing experts of Jupiter-Tequesta Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric:
Jupiter: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Tags: drain cleaning service palm beach gardens, Drain Cleaning Service West Palm Beach, Plumber Jupiter FL, plumber palm beach gardens, Plumbing Service Jupiter FL
Posted in Plumbing Tips • Comments Off on Garbage Disposal Rules For The Holidays