Facts About Solar Water Heaters
Alternative energy is still an up-and-coming industry. So when it comes to solar water heaters, there is quite a bit of confusion out there. Below, we present the facts — straight from the US Department of Energy and ENERGY STAR.
- Solar water heaters are fueled by a resource that’s 100 percent free — the sun.
- Two types of solar water heaters are available: active and passive. An active solar water heater utilize circulating pumps and controls, while passive solar active heaters do not.
- The ideal location for a solar water heater is actually in colder climates with good sources of solar energy.
- Most solar water heater systems will come with a warranty of at least 10 years, but they’ll usually last much longer.
- If you install a solar water heater, you may qualify for tax exemptions and credits, depending on the state in which you live.
- By upgrading to a solar heating system, you’ll help reduce the amount of pollution and greenhouse gasses that enter the atmosphere
Now that you know (almost) everything there is to know about solar water heaters, you might be wondering if switching is right for your family. Our team of plumbers are factory trained to determine what product best fits your home and lifestyle. Contact Jupiter-Tequesta Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric today for more information:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822