Everything You Need to Know About Plumber Putty
Have you ever heard of plumber putty? The clay-like adhesive is used by plumbers when installing everything from drainpipes to sinks. Its main job is to seal spots that are exposed to standing water in an effort to prevent leaks.
Here’s everything you need to know:
What is plumber putty?
Plumber putty is made mostly of clay. It’s easy to work with, because its consistency is soft and malleable. But don’t be deceived — when used properly, plumber putty can provide 100 percent waterproof sealing.
How is plumber putty used?
To make sure the putty adheres properly, follow these guidelines:
- Clean the surface thoroughly
- Brush off all dust and dirt
- Warm your hands before working with the substance to make sure it seals properly
- Roll the putty into a narrow snake, and then match it to the circumference of the drain or faucet you’re working with
What NOT to do with plumber putty:
- DON’T use plumber putty to seal joints on threaded pipes
- DON’T use plumber putty to cement together plastic pipes without threads
- DON’T use plumber putty to seal the space between a sink and the wall behind it
Whenever the need arises for a plumber, you can call Jupiter-Tequesta Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day! Here’s how to get in touch:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Tags: Plumber Jupiter FL, plumber palm beach gardens, Plumber West Palm Beach, Plumbing Service Jupiter FL, Plumbing Service West Palm Beach
Posted in Plumbing Tips • Comments Off on Everything You Need to Know About Plumber Putty