skip to main content

CALL (561) 747-5740 Stay In Touch

Should You Keep or Ditch Your Bathtub?

Posted on January 21st, 2020 by Jupiter Tequesta

Cute little girl of 2-3 years old playing in a bathtub. Photo was taken in Quebec Canada

For many homeowners, bathtubs can be a place of serene relaxation; while others feel that they are a waste of space and money. If you’re considering removing your tub, read on to learn the pros and cons.

When Bathtubs Are a Must

In 2017, a study was conducted to get a better grasp of what role homeowners wanted their bathtubs to play in their dream bathrooms. 37% of the participants in the survey chose to upgrade the baths in their master bathroom. These upgrades included shapes and designs, such as:

  • Freestanding flat-bottoms
  • Alcoves
  • Deck-Mounted
  • Freestanding Claw-foots
  • Corners

The majority of renovators who chose to upgrade their tub decided to add a soaking tub. A soaking tub is a standalone tub that is usually deeper and shorter than a traditional bathtub. It also does not have an overhead showerhead. Room for more than one occupant was found to be the second-highest upgrade pro-bath renovators pursued. In this case, bathtubs can actually raise the value of your home.

Bathtubs are also a great option for families with small children who are not old enough to shower on their own. However, adults can soak up the benefits of a long, relaxing bath at the end of a stressful work week as well.

When Bathtubs May Become a Waste

In the same study, 27% of renovators opted out of having a bathtub in their home at all. Removing your tub or shopping for a home that does not have one at all is logical for a myriad of reasons.

For instance, perhaps you just don’t like taking baths. If this is the case, you are not alone. In a separate study with a focus group of over 2,000 participants, 90% of people would rather take a shower, with the other 10% preferring baths. 

Opting out of a bathtub can open up a lot of space for other amenities. You can choose to add additional features such as:

  • A new shower
  • Cabinet space
  • A vanity/sink
  • Closet space

Whether you need a repair or are looking to remove your bathtub altogether, rely on FPL Home Services to get the project done right. Reach out to one of our locations today:

Tequesta: (561) 747-5740

Broward: (954) 951-5481

Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822

Martin: (772) 546-2822

St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822

FPL Home Services, License No. CFC1430331


Posted in UncategorizedRespond to this post »

You can leave a response.

Leave a Response