Bathroom Codes For Your Home
Bathroom codes may restrict some of your design dreams, but they are put in place as a guide to help you create a safe space. Use the codes below to help you during your bathroom remodel in the new year.
- Sinks should be at least 4 inches from another sink, a bathtub, and side walls.
- Sinks should also have a minimum of 21 inches of clearance in front.
Showers and Bathtubs
- There’s no maximum size when it comes to building showers, but they must at least be 30 inches.
- Since shower doors are typically glass, they have to at least have 24 inches of opening clearance.
- Some areas require water-saving shower heads that limit water flow.
- Toilets need at least 21 inches of clearance in front. However, 30 inches gives you more space.
- Many areas require water-saving devices on the toilet.
Ventilation and Electrical
- All lights above the bathtub and shower are required to be waterproof.
- Outlets must be GFCI outlets.
- You’re required to have ventilation in your bathrooms. This can be either a window or a fan.
If there’s ever an issue with your plumbing, electric, heating or cooling, the experts at Jupiter-Tequesta are more than happy to come help — even during the busy holiday season! Give us a call to learn more!
Jupiter: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Posted in Uncategorized • Comments Off on Bathroom Codes For Your Home