5 Tips for An Energy-Efficient New Year
The new year is quickly approaching. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2017 yet? We suggest resolving to save energy (and money)! These tips will help you start the new year off on the right foot.
5 Tips for An Energy-Efficient New Year:
- Switch to LED Lights – Did you know that about 10% of the energy in your home goes to lighting costs? Replace the lights in your home with efficient, LED, Energy Star rated bulbs. This can help you save on energy costs — and LEDs need to be replaced less frequently.
- Add Low-Flow Showerheads – Changing your showerhead fixture is a great way to save energy, water and update your home on a budget. New showerheads offer a number of different features — so you don’t have to sacrifice luxury for energy savings.
- Schedule HVAC Maintenance – When was the last time you had your home’s air conditioning system looked at? Annual maintenance is essential to preventing problems, extending the lifespan of your system, and keeping things running efficiently. Although it can be easy to push off care until their is a problem, resolve to stay on top of your regular maintenance this year!
- Install a Programmable or Smart Thermostat – If you don’t already have a programmable or smart thermostat installed in your home, 2017 is the year that you’ll want to make the switch. These thermostats allow you to adjust the temperature to a comfortable setting when you’re at home — and save money when you’re not. Smart thermostats have the added benefit of adjusting the temperature from your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Upgrade to a Tankless Water Heater – Is your water heater over ten years old? Consider upgrading to a tankless system. Unlike traditional water heaters, tankless water heaters do not store heated water. Instead, they heat water as it is needed. This means that you’ll save space in your home and have unlimited hot water.
If you run into any problems with your home’s air conditioning, plumbing or electrical systems in the new year, do not hesitate to give our office a call. We are here to help you keep things running smoothly all through 2017.
Visit our website to learn more about our services or give us a call to speak with a representative directly:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Posted in Uncategorized • Comments Off on 5 Tips for An Energy-Efficient New Year