5 Overlooked Electrical Safety Tips
Family and home safety is always a priority. That’s why it’s so important to make sure that you don’t overlook areas of your home that could cause a fire-related accident. Here are a few electrical safety tips to keep in mind.
Overlooked Electrical Safety Tips:
- Avoid Extension Cords – We’ve all done it. Extension cords can be a convenient way to accommodate multiple appliances. However, extension cords can present an electrical problem, as the cords can overload. Have an electrician install an outlet nearby your new appliance, instead.
- Install GFCI Outlets/Circuit Breakers – GCFI protected outlets and circuit breakers are an important way to make sure that you and your family are safe. They help prevent fires and deadly electrical shocks in the event of an electrical mishap. These outlets and circuit breakers will automatically turn off if there is a problem.
- Install Bulbs with the Right Wattage – Using light bulbs that exceed the proper wattage can cause an electrical problem. The heat can even burn your ceiling! Always use bulbs that are the proper wattage.
- Don’t Overlook Power Strips – Instead of using an extension cord, use a power strip that helps eliminate the risk of electrical problems. Of course, we still recommend having an outlet installed near your appliance for safety and convenience.
- Keep Your Lint Screen Clean – Next time you dry your clothes in the dryer, be sure to clean off your lint screen. Lint can build up and serve as a potential fire hazard.
If you run into any problems with your home’s electric, don’t hesitate to give our professionals a call. We can help you address all of your home electric and lighting needs. Visit our website to learn more about our electrical services or give us a call to speak with a representative directly:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Tags: Electrician Jupiter FL, electrician palm beach gardens, electrician tequesta fl, Electrician West Palm Beach, landscape lighting palm beach gardens, Landscape Lighting West Palm Beach
Posted in Electrician Tequesta FL • Comments Off on 5 Overlooked Electrical Safety Tips