The Best Ways To Improve Indoor Air Quality
There are a list of risks when it comes to owning a home, but did you know that one of the biggest ones comes from the air you breathe? According to The Environmental Protection Agency, air quality within homes can be more polluted than the outdoor air. Indoor air pollutants range from dust mites to chemicals in our furniture and wall paint (VOCs). Improve your indoor air quality and eliminate contaminants in your home with these tips:
Minimize Chemical Pollutants
– Use low-VOC products.
– Try to minimize the use of harsh cleaners, solvent-based cleaners, or cleaners with strong fragrances.
– Avoid burning candles, smoking cigarettes, or using a wood-burning fireplace in your home.
Keep Your Home Clean
– Wash bedding weekly to reduce exposure to allergens, including dust mites.
– Consider removing your shoes at the door to minimize dirt tracked in from outside.
– Use high efficiency cleaners and microfiber cloths to remove dust.
– Keep your home dry with the help of a dehumidifier. Keep humidity levels between 35 and 60 percent.
– Run bathroom and exhaust fans while showering.
– Hire a professional to repair all leaks immediately.
Ensure Proper Ventilation
– Open your doors and windows and keep the fresh air flowing, but be mindful of pollutants that can come in your home from the outdoors.
– Clean your heater and air conditioner filters on a regular basis.
– Invest in an air purifier or another home air system to help control and filter indoor air.
If you run into any problems with your home’s air quality, don’t hesitate to turn to the experts at Jupiter-Tequesta! Visit our website to learn more about our services or give us a call to speak with a representative directly:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
For more tips on everything from home cooling to do-it-yourself plumbing, find us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube today.
Posted in Uncategorized • Comments Off on The Best Ways To Improve Indoor Air Quality