6 Ways to Stay Cool Without Your A/C
A summer without air conditioning is unbearable, especially here in the Jupiter and West Palm Beach areas! However, there are ways to help keep your home a little bit cooler — naturally. By making a few changes to your daily habits, you can keep your A/C from overworking on hot days. These quick tips will help you beat the heat for less this summer.
- Fans, fans, fans - Fans are a great way to efficiently and inexpensively keep any home cool. Ceiling fans pull cool air up from the ground and circulate it throughout the room, giving you the effect of an outdoor breeze. If you’re looking to really beat the heat this summer, look into whole-house fans. Usually kept in the attic, house fans suck hot air out of your house and pull cool air in from outdoors.
- Close your blinds - Direct sun exposure is one of the main reasons for rising thermostats, especially in rooms with West and South facing windows. Draw the blinds during the hottest part of the day and raise them again at dusk to dispel any lingering heat.
- Install heat-reflecting films - Closing the blinds not enough? Adding heat-reflecting films to your blinds or shades will keep your house even cooler and reduce glare.
- Avoid using hot appliances - Dryers, ovens and stove tops contribute to a lot of the heat in your home, so embrace the great outdoors this season by barbecuing more often and hanging your clothes outside to dry.
- Embrace cotton - Whether in T-shirts, dresses, tank tops or bed sheets, cotton is one of the most breathable and cooling fabrics, so incorporate it into your everyday wear as often as possible.
- Turn off the lights - Even the smallest, most environmentally friendly light bulbs give off some heat, so make sure to keep them off as much as possible.
If your air conditioning system isn’t keeping your home cool or your unit is not working efficiently, contact our office. Our technicians can diagnose any problems with your HVAC system and make sure that you are getting the most out of your air conditioning system. Visit our website to learn more about our wall unit and central air options and pricing, or give us a call to speak with a representative directly.
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Tags: ac repair jupiter fl, ac repair palm beach gardens, ac repair tequesta fl, AC Repair West Palm Beach, AC Replacement Jupiter FL, ac replacement palm beach gardens, ac replacement tequesta fl, AC Replacement West Palm Beach
Posted in Cooling • Comments Off