Space Heater Safety You Need to Know
We certainly don’t need a heating system keep us warm down here in Florida, but sometimes a space heater can keep us comfortable on chillier winter nights. If you are thinking of placing a space heater in your home, here are a few electrical safety tips to keep in mind.
Space Heater Safety Tips:
- Never Leave It Unattended – Turn off your space heater when you leave the room or house. You never want to leave your space heater unattended.
- Keep An Eye on Kids & Pets – Make sure that kids or pets don’t play around the space heater.
- Consider Placement – Space heaters need to be placed at least 3 feet away from anything that is capable of burning. You should also make sure that you don’t place your space heater in a high traffic area or doorway.
- Unplug When Not In Use – Always unplug and safely store your space heater when it is not in use.
- Test Your Smoke Alarms - Make sure that you have smoke alarms installed in your home and that they are working properly. You always want to make sure that your home and family are protected in the event of an emergency.
If you run into any electrical problems or you need an outlet safely installed for your space heater, don’t hesitate to give us a call! Our electricians are here to help you with all of your home’s electrical needs.
Visit our website to learn more about our services or give us a call to speak with a representative directly:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822