Electrical Tips for Hurricane Season
Hurricane season is in full swing. Is your home prepared for the upcoming storms? In addition to knowing evacuation routes and having emergency supplies on hand, you will also want to take a few steps to prepare your home before the storm. Here are a few electrical tips to help you and your family stay safe all season long.
Electrical Tips for Hurricane Season:
- Install a Generator - Backup generators can help provide electric to household essentials during a power outage.
- Keep Emergency Supplies On Hand - Keep plenty of batteries and battery-powered emergency supplies on hand. This can include battery-powered radios, flashlights, lanterns, etc.
- Unplug Electrical Appliances - Before the storm, unplug your electric appliances. Don’t plug them back in until the power has been restored and remains on steadily.
- Utilize Surge Protectors - Protect your household appliances from storm surges by utilizing a surge protector. This will help protect your home computer equipment, entertainment systems, etc. during a power surge.
- Turn Off A/C - During the storm, keep your air conditioning system turned off. If you don’t have a surge protector in place, you want to make sure that your air conditioner’s electrical components are safe.
If you run into any problems with your electrical system this summer, contact our office. We are here to help you with all of your home electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling needs this summer. Visit our website or give us a call to learn more:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740 Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822 Martin: (772) 546-2822 St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822