A Natural Way To Clear Your Clogged Drain
There’s no avoiding clogs in your home. At some point, the kitchen or bathroom will back up. While standard practices call for drain cleaners with toxic chemicals, these products can damage your home’s pipes, as well as your health. The solution? A natural, homemade drain cleaner made from three ingredients — hot water, vinegar, and baking soda.
Why Vinegar and Baking Soda?
The baking soda and hot water will loosen up any organic matter stuck at the bottom of your drain. But, the baking soda is just a base. When it’s combined with vinegar, an acid, the chemical reaction will then dissolve any leftover soap scum or food particles.
• Pour 1 cup of boiling water down your drain.
• Dump ½ cup of baking soda (let this sit for one minute before moving on to the next step).
• Pour a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup boiling water down the drain.
• Cover drain to keep the reaction (you know, the volcano reaction often seen in school projects)
down below the drain surface.
• Put on a timer for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Flush out your drain once more with a pot of boiling water.
If The Drain Remains Clogged
If your drains still won’t clear, it could need some extra help. The baking soda and vinegar loosens the clogged material, but you might need to use a small plunger as well. The plumbers pressure should finish the job. Just push the plunger down full and pull up quickly — repeat as necessary.
If you want an easy solution and quick fix without the harmful consequences, call the plumbing professionals at Jupiter-Tequesta! Our technicians are here to help you get things back up and running! Give us a call for help with all of your home plumbing and drain cleaning needs.
Visit our website to learn more about our services or give us a call to speak with a representative directly:
Tequesta: (561) 747-5740
Palm Beach: (561) 626-6822
Martin: (772) 546-2822
St. Lucie: (772) 546-2822
Posted in Uncategorized • Comments Off on A Natural Way To Clear Your Clogged Drain